05 March 2022 @ 03:01 pm
Dreamwidth book bingo community  
dwbookbingo.PNG

DW Book Bingo



[livejournal.com profile] stellar_raven has been trying to backup the community for a while now without luck. She was able to backup the profile info and tags but the entries fail.

We are not sure what is going to happen with Livejournal in the future but we are already seeing people leave or contemplate leaving, so it never hurts to have a place to go if it does implode here. I will manually add the current book bingo challenge so we have it. I will also try to remember to add in any new posts over there with the ability to comment at dw too. This is all new to us so bear with... :)

If anyone is at DW and wants an invite, please comment with your DW username.

If anyone has any questions or suggestions, please post in the comments below.
 
 
( Post a new comment )
clea2011[personal profile] clea2011 on March 5th, 2022 09:32 pm (UTC)
I've also been trying to back up a community without success. I don't think the community backup works, sadly :(
(Reply) (Thread) (Link)
kelsrealm: ACNH: Poppy[personal profile] keli on March 5th, 2022 09:48 pm (UTC)
I think it is broken... *cries*
(Reply) (Parent) (Link)
http://sidleypkhermit.livejournal.com/: dls[identity profile] sidleypkhermit.livejournal.com on March 5th, 2022 09:51 pm (UTC)
Thanks for keeping us updated. Given how drastically the situation has changed and is changing, I think all LJ users should be prepared for the possibility of losing the site. I am the very last person to say that, but this time the facts support it.

Unfortunately, nobody's been able to import LJ entries to DW for a long time (aside from very occasional, inexplicable fluke successes). I made a paid account on BlogBooker so I could download a personal backup of all my LJ content, though I don't know if that option is of any interest for comms.
(Reply) (Thread) (Link)
kelsrealm: ACNH: Poppy[personal profile] keli on March 5th, 2022 10:01 pm (UTC)
Yeah I think this is the worst it's ever been here. So many people are leaving but a handful are hanging on. I am not a fan of DW or I would have made the total plunge.

Yes I was hearing about the flukes but it's been over a week since I ever heard of one of those. I never heard of blogbooker. Will have to look into it. Thanks!
(Reply) (Parent) (Link)
stellar_raven: SB_Trio[personal profile] stellar_raven on March 6th, 2022 08:29 pm (UTC)
Fortunately, I experienced the inexplicable fluke on my personal journal, but sadly this community is another story.

I'll have to look into BlogBooker. Thanks for the heads up.

Would you like an invite to the DW bingo comm? If so, just pass a long your username there and we'll send you one.
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread) (Link)
http://sidleypkhermit.livejournal.com/: library[identity profile] sidleypkhermit.livejournal.com on March 7th, 2022 05:05 am (UTC)
Sure, thank you. Same username as here — I'm already subscribed.
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread) (Link)
stellar_raven: SB_Trio[personal profile] stellar_raven on March 7th, 2022 11:58 pm (UTC)
Invitation sent!
(Reply) (Parent) (Link)
[identity profile] cornerofmadness.livejournal.com on March 6th, 2022 04:11 am (UTC)
it's cornerofmadness there too
(Reply) (Thread) (Link)
stellar_raven: SB_Trio[personal profile] stellar_raven on March 6th, 2022 07:06 pm (UTC)
Invite will be sent momentarily!
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread) (Link)
[identity profile] cornerofmadness.livejournal.com on March 6th, 2022 07:38 pm (UTC)
got it thanks
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread) (Link)
stellar_raven: SB_Trio[personal profile] stellar_raven on March 6th, 2022 08:22 pm (UTC)
You're very welcome!
(Reply) (Parent) (Link)
[identity profile] cinnamontoast.livejournal.com on March 6th, 2022 05:18 am (UTC)
I'd like an add at DW. Just in case LJ blows up. I'm rabbit_stew at DW (https://rabbit-stew.dreamwidth.org/). I'd rather stay here though.
(Reply) (Thread) (Link)
stellar_raven: SB_Trio[personal profile] stellar_raven on March 6th, 2022 07:07 pm (UTC)
Believe me, I'd rather stay here, too. I've never been able to get comfortable at DW.

Invite will be sent momentarily.
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread) (Link)
[identity profile] cinnamontoast.livejournal.com on March 7th, 2022 02:31 pm (UTC)
Thank you. I've got my fingers crossed that this terrible situation calms down — and soon.
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread) (Link)
stellar_raven: SB_Trio[personal profile] stellar_raven on March 10th, 2022 02:45 am (UTC)
Me too. :(
(Reply) (Parent) (Link)
[identity profile] gilda-elise.livejournal.com on March 6th, 2022 01:37 pm (UTC)
My user name is the same. I'm not leaving LJ, but I have restarted my DW account. Just in case. 😟
(Reply) (Thread) (Link)
stellar_raven: SB_Trio[personal profile] stellar_raven on March 6th, 2022 07:08 pm (UTC)
Invite will be sent momentarily.

I don't want to leave LJ, either.
(Reply) (Parent) (Link)
[identity profile] deinonychus-1.livejournal.com on March 6th, 2022 01:37 pm (UTC)
I don't want to go to dreamwidth, but a couple of days ago I opened an account 'just in case', and am now embarking on the journal importing palaver. Fingers crossed...

It's such a shame, I've been on lj since 2007, that's a hell of a lot of history to lose. :-(
(Reply) (Thread) (Link)
stellar_raven: SB_Trio[personal profile] stellar_raven on March 6th, 2022 07:09 pm (UTC)
Would you like an invite to the DW comm? If so, is your username the same there?
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread) (Link)
[identity profile] deinonychus-1.livejournal.com on March 9th, 2022 09:12 pm (UTC)
Yes please, and yes, same username on DW.

Finally managed to get my lj entries imported over there today, so I'm very, *very* relieved that's sorted. Clea2011 said she also managed to get a community to import to dw as well today, so things are working occasionally! Today must have been a good day.
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread) (Link)
kelsrealm: ACNH: Poppy[personal profile] keli on March 9th, 2022 09:26 pm (UTC)
That's awesome! So did you retry imports from time to time or just let your original one sit there? I keep retrying and starting a new one.
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread) (Link)
[identity profile] deinonychus-1.livejournal.com on March 10th, 2022 05:56 pm (UTC)
I've been repeatedly trying since Sunday, and starting a new import every time the last one failed and had stopped retrying. I'd almost given up on it ever working at all, I was actually totally surpised when I checked and the entries had finally worked.

Now trying to get the comments across as well, but if it all goes to hell and that never happens, at least I have the entries.
(Reply) (Parent) (Link)
stellar_raven: SB_Trio[personal profile] stellar_raven on March 10th, 2022 02:44 am (UTC)
Invite sent!

Thanks for letting me know about the imports. I'm going to see if I can get the community backed up again!

ETA: Still not working for me in regards to the community. I was able to get my personal journal backed up a couple of weeks ago, so I definitely know how relived you feel. I'm so glad you were able to get yours saved!

Edited 2022-03-10 02:52 am (UTC)
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread) (Link)
[identity profile] deinonychus-1.livejournal.com on March 10th, 2022 06:00 pm (UTC)
It's just such a relief, isn't it? I had almost given up it ever working, so it was a lovely surpise when I got home yesterday and the entires had finally pulled across. If I can get the comments as well that will be a bonus, but if the worst comes to the worst, the entries are the important thing.

Good luck with the community import! It does seem to be very hit and miss lately, but I suppose all we can do is keep trying and hoping..
(Reply) (Parent) (Link)
[identity profile] severina2001.livejournal.com on March 6th, 2022 06:55 pm (UTC)
I'm severina there and would like an invite, please. :)
(Reply) (Thread) (Link)
stellar_raven: SB_Trio[personal profile] stellar_raven on March 6th, 2022 07:09 pm (UTC)
Invite will be sent momentarily!
(Reply) (Parent) (Link)
[identity profile] tellshannon815.livejournal.com on March 6th, 2022 07:23 pm (UTC)
I would like an invite please, same username as here.
(Reply) (Thread) (Link)
stellar_raven: SB_Trio[personal profile] stellar_raven on March 6th, 2022 08:23 pm (UTC)
Invitation sent!
(Reply) (Parent) (Link)
cordeliadelayne: [stock] book hangover[personal profile] cordeliadelayne on March 6th, 2022 10:35 pm (UTC)
Can I get an invite please? Same username over there. Thank you :D
(Reply) (Thread) (Link)
stellar_raven: SB_Trio[personal profile] stellar_raven on March 7th, 2022 01:16 am (UTC)
Absolutely! Invitation sent!
(Reply) (Parent) (Link)
[identity profile] doylebaby.livejournal.com on March 7th, 2022 01:52 am (UTC)
Can I get an invite, please? Same username as here.
(Reply) (Thread) (Link)
stellar_raven: SB_Trio[personal profile] stellar_raven on March 8th, 2022 12:01 am (UTC)
Sure thing! Invite sent!
(Reply) (Parent) (Link)
[identity profile] asphaltcowgrrl.livejournal.com on March 7th, 2022 07:03 pm (UTC)
I'd love an invite, please. I'm the same over there as well.
(Reply) (Thread) (Link)
stellar_raven: SB_Trio[personal profile] stellar_raven on March 8th, 2022 12:01 am (UTC)
You got it! Invite sent!
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread) (Link)
[identity profile] asphaltcowgrrl.livejournal.com on March 8th, 2022 06:42 pm (UTC)
Got it, thank you!
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread) (Link)
stellar_raven: SB_Trio[personal profile] stellar_raven on March 10th, 2022 02:44 am (UTC)
You're very welcome!
(Reply) (Parent) (Link)
chamilet[personal profile] chamilet on March 11th, 2022 10:46 pm (UTC)
I'm chamilet over at DW as well and would like an invite. My payment to LJ just got denied, so I'm here trying to see what's been going on with everyone since the pandemic started...
(Reply) (Thread) (Link)
stellar_raven[personal profile] stellar_raven on March 12th, 2022 12:05 am (UTC)
Invite sent!
(Reply) (Parent) (Link)